Summer Mission Trip 2020 - baja
Our summer mission trip to Baja California, Mexico, is happening May 30-June 6, 2020! This trip is open to students completing 6th-12th grades in May. Parents are invited to come along, too.
Here are some links with more info:
https://www.prayingpelicanmissions.org/baja-mexico-mission-trip (trip overview)
https://theyouthcartel.com/faq-item/faqs-for-baja-and-tijuana-mission-trips/ (FAQ - is it safe? What will it be like? etc)
Signups for this trip will be November 13-December 18, 2019. Approximate cost per person (students or adults) is $1095. (YES, we’ll be working hard to raise funds together! Don’t give up on this because of sticker shock!)
- We’ll fly to San Diego, and then meet with our guides from Praying Pelican Missions and the Youth Cartel organization. This organization leads dozens of youth group and family trips to Baja California every year. This summer they did over a dozen youth group trips there. They are experts at doing effective ministry, safely, with teenagers and even kids. They’ll take us across the border and guide us the rest of the way, through Tijuana and down the Pacific coast to the city of Ensenada.
- Most of the work we do will be in impoverished areas of Ensenada. It’s a very beautiful city, but there’s also a lot of poverty and need for the Gospel.
- We chose to go to this location and with this partner organization because their base is the local church.
- This organization works with pastors who are there for the long haul. Our youth group students will have the opportunity to serve, to learn, to show Jesus’ love to people, and to have their view of God’s kingdom stretched like never before.
- They get to partner with the local church to do it, which means the short-term mission work they do will have the greatest possible long-term impact that can literally last for eternity.
- We’re inviting students who will be completing 6th-12th grades in May to participate in this trip, and we’re inviting parents to come along.
- Our trip will be from Saturday May 30 through Saturday June 6, 2020.
- We’ll need to work hard and raise money for this trip together. We’ll need to have a willingness to be selfless and serve and work hard. We’ll need to sleep on air mattresses on floors and be willing to have adventures!
- If you’re interested, pray about it. If God doesn’t call you to go on this trip, you better not go! But if He does call you to go, He’ll make a way for you to go.
Sign up Beginning Nov 13!
Wednesday Night Life is the main youth program at COGH.
During the school year, kids and teens can come for a free supper at 6:30 in the Family Life Center (bus transportation is available - call the church office to arrange a pickup). Then Wednesday Night Life youth groups (6th-12th grades) start at 7:00PM in the main Worship Center. After games and worship music, 6th-8th-graders go to the El Dorado Christian School gym (on the east side of the same block the church building is on) for open gym time and teaching from God’s Word; while 9th-12th grade students have a message from God’s Word and then split to small groups for discussion, fun, and sometimes snacks! We finish at 8:15 and bring everyone back to the church lobby.
During the summer months, Summer Wednesday Nights features a changing lineup of activities for students who have finished 6th-12th grades. We start at 7:00 in the Family Life center every week, and go from there.
Check the COGH Youth Group Facebook page for any updates and changes.